COME GARDEN WITH THE TORONTO RHODODENDRON SOCIETY
Members of the Toronto Rhododendron Society gather on the second Saturday of the month during the gardening season (May to September) to renovate and refurbish the Rhododendron beds in Edwards Gardens, 777 Lawrence Avenue East in midtown Toronto.
We meet at the Ken Duncan Rhododendron Dell on the west side of the creek at 10:00 am (south-west of the Lawrence Avenue E. entrance).
We typically work from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (longer if we have the energy and there are things to be done). If you arrive after 10:15 am you will need to look around for us in the garden.
We weed, deadhead, prune, plant & generally take care of everything to do with the rhododendrons and their companions.
Whether you know a little of a lot, there is a job for you to do:
- Join us in May to clean up and renovate beds, readying them for the bloom.
- Join us in June to renovate a bed (we are working our way through systematically).
- Join us in July to weed & weed (& weed).
- Join us in August to look things over & generally keep order.
- Join us in September to transplant (and pop in a few bulbs).
If you love to garden, but have no garden of your own, this may be for you!
Even if you have your own garden, a change is always fun, gardening with others is interesting, and contributing to one of Toronto’s most important public gardens is a terrific experience.
Spare a little time for our rhododendrons.
Check this page periodically for more information about the TRRHS activities at Edwards Gardens.